The City of Reno incorporated November 8, 1966. It is the second largest city in Parker County. Reno is on FM 1542 near Fort Worth eighteen miles northeast of Weatherford in the northeastern corner of Parker County. A small portion of the city extends into Tarrant County. As of the 2015 census, the city has a total population of 2,560.
Settlement began in the early 1880’s near the banks of Walnut Creek. A post office was established in 1884. Originally Reno served area farmers as a school and church community. The population remained under 200 until the late 1960s, when the growth of Fort Worth transformed Reno into a bedroom community. In 1974 the population was 600; in the late 1980s it was 1,519. In 1995 E. R. “Bird” Harris of Reno, who at the age of ninety-one held the oldest in-use barber’s license in Texas, was thinking of getting the license renewed. His haircuts were all of one style and cost three dollars; Bird had been cutting A. C. Cross’s hair for sixty-nine years.